Friday, December 12, 2014

Day on journey: No, not that one - the white and purple one; or how I learned to stop worrying about having the time of my life

Grade school and every girl wanted the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, come to find there were two. More Dirty Dancing, (not Havana Nights) had all the real songs from the 60s and not the contemporary ones (like those Hungry Eyes and that girl who was Like the Wind) but regardless, I did not know, did not know – and bought this second record. So, Swayze was nowhere to be found, but I first heard Be My Baby and Do You Love Me (well, do ya punk?). I felt like calling my cousin on the phone and asking if he’d caught this new sound yet. Needless to say, I still have this madness and still play those songs, but the climactic lift requires a duet, so…


No comments:

Post a Comment